Serves: 2-4 Servings
Cooking Time: 5 hours
For Pork Chashu
- 2 lb boneless pork belly, skin on
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sake
- 1 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5-6 scallions, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 2" knob ginger, roughly sliced
- 1 shallot, skin on, halved For Spicy Bean Sprouts
- 12oz bean sprouts
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tsp Shichimi Togarashi
- Salt and pepper For Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 - 1lb brussel sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper For Ramen
- 1 package thick ramen noodles
- 2-3 cups chicken broth + excess broth from pork chashu
- 1-2 slices or pork chashu, cooked
- 1/4-1/2 cup kikurage
- 1/4-1/2 cup spicy bean sprouts
- Green onion, for garnish
- Half a hard boiled egg
- 1 cup crispy brussel sprouts
- A handful of Simply 7 Sea Salt Lentil Chips
For Pork Chashu
1. Take pork belly and lay on cutting board and roll up lengthwise with skin facing out.
2. Using twine, secure pork belly.
3. Preheat oven to 275.
4. Heat 1 cup water and all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat until boiling. Add pork belly.
5. Cover with lid slightly off and transfer to oven and cook. Turn pork occasionally until pork is tender – about 3-4 hours.
6. Once cooked, remove pork belly and strain the broth. Keep the broth for the ramen! And slice the pork belly.
For Spicy Bean Sprouts:
1. Boil a large pot of water and add bean sprouts and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Drain water and set sprouts aside.
3. Combine all seasoning ingredients in a large bowl and then add in bean sprouts. Mix and set aside for ramen.
For Crispy Brussel Sprouts:
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Trim brussel sprouts and peel away outer leaves. Cut in half.
3. Place brussel sprouts on a baking sheet and add oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and arrange cut side down.
4. Roast until leaves are dark brown and crisp, around 25-30 minutes.
1. Add chicken broth and excess broth from pork chashu in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once broth is boiling, add in thick ramen noodles and cook until tender.
3. Reduce heat and add in remaining ingredients except Lentil Chips and egg and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and move to a serving bowl. Add the Lentil Chips and egg and enjoy!
Try This Recipe With Sea Salt Lentil Chips
Life is Full of Flavor. Share It.
Have a simply delicious recipe that goes perfect with our snacks?
Send us your recipe below for the chance to be featured on this page!